Director of Corporate Clients at Broadway Insurance Brokers
- How do you like to start the day?
Despite not being a morning person, I like to get up early, well, relatively…and go to the gym followed by a lovely strong Nespresso coffee. ‘Own the morning, elevate your day’ as Brian Sharma once said; the feeling of control flows through the whole day, no matter how tough it gets!
- Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Chorley where my mum and family still live. My dad was a well-known coal man and had his own business; I didn’t follow in his footsteps, I didn’t see the future in coal!
- What’s the best part of your job?
Serving clients and solving problems! I am an insurance geek, but my passion comes from being able to help others, whether that is clients or colleagues.
- What’s your favourite object in your office?
- How would your friends and family describe you in three words?
Optimist, Resilient, Geek
- What’s your favourite book?
Scar Tissue – Anthony Keidis
- What book are you reading right now?
Start with Why – Simon Sinek
- What’s the greatest invention of all time?
- Is there a sport you wish you could play?
Football. I haven’t yet hung my boots up and retired despite my age! I once had trials for Man City but turned them down as I am a United fan! I know; not my greatest decision!
- Where do you go to relax?
It might sound strange, but I relax at the gym; I don’t physically relax there, but there is nothing better than a good workout to relax the mind! Also, anywhere I can read a book.
- Where’s your favourite holiday destination?
We plan to visit a lot more countries with our daughter, Nanci, who is 9 now; I think my favourite City so far is Venice! It has such a nice vibe and is like being on a movie set.. but my favourite destination of all is Thailand.. just stunning!
- What country have you always wanted to visit?
I have two actually; China is somewhere that has always fascinated me; equally Machu Pichu is something I have always wanted to do, we will one day!
- What’s your favourite post-work tipple?
I have found a place for alcohol free beer, if you can believe that! – all the taste and refreshment with no down side! I sound like an advert!
- What’s your favourite dish to cook?
Chicken Orzo – easy and delicious
- Do you have a hidden talent?
Kickboxing – talent is debateable!
- What’s the most impressive item you’ve insured?
The Man United team! It really doesn’t get much more impressive than that! I’ve also insured Ant and Dec…which is almost as impressive…
- What’s the best advice you were ever given?
Always be kind.
- What do you bring to a party?
- What’s your favourite quote?
“Working hard for something we do not care about is called stress, working hard for something we love is called passion.” – Simon Sinek
- What’s your guilty pleasure?